- In the early 90’s İpek Kağıt has started exporting its semi-finished products; and after the capacity increase of 2000, it has concentrated on the export of finished products as well. Today it has secured a presence in various markets with its finished and semi-finished products of outstanding quality. Having exported solely to Middle East initially, İpek Kağıt, now exports to more than 60 countries on five continents with a focus on the Caucasus, Central Asia, Middle East, Europe and Africa.
- In 2005 İpek Kağıt has launched its efforts to globalize its brands in the target countries, and in January 2006 it has established the company, “İpek Kağıt Kazakhstan”, paving the way to its leadership in the Central Asia market. Its manufacturing investment in the city of Almaty established İpek Kağıt as a company that competes with world-class brands in the international arena and one that invests in its brand portfolio. As a result of its continued marketing and sales support to its brands, they have come to be well-recognized and in-demand.
- After the termination of its long-term partnership in 2012, İpek Kağıt has decided to widen its operations in the international arena with the objective of quadrupling its growth in foreign markets and doubling its total sales within the next five years, and attaining the leadership position in 20 countries within the next 10-years. It will do so through its commitment to strategic market partnerships, latest technology investments and capacity enhancements that will respond to the changing consumer needs and strong marketing support to its flagship brand, Selpak.
- Pacing up its investments required by the challenging growth targets, İpek Kağıt will be increasing its annual production capacity by 65%, from 110 thousand to 180 thousand tons through its new paper manufacturing plant that has been completed in Manisa. The new facility that utilizes the latest and most advanced technologies started production in October 2015. Valmet has been chosen as the main supplier for this investment . The most important part of the investment, the new “Advantage DCT 200TS” paper machine, with a 5,60 meter width and 2200 meter/minute speed, is the most significant component of the capacity increase.
- In line with its goal to secure its leadership in Central Asia, İpek Kağıt has implemented its second major investment in 2015 in Kazakhstan. The manufacturing plant in Almaty will be moved to a modern facility that has been built in the capital city of Astana. With the addition of new converting lines, the new plant will boost the production capacity while its modern technology will help decrease costs. The new facility will also provide an opportunity for further expansion in the long-term.